Friday, February 26, 2010

20/20 in hindsight

once upon a time, i saw you there. standing on a metal chair, drilling holes into the ceiling. not my type. not my type. but the earth seemed to stand still in that very moment. you told me i was the most beautiful girl you'd ever seen. and the earth came to a hault. it was like no one else mattered but you and me. we drove to the beach, and that's when i knew i was falling in love with you. weeks before you told me you thought you were falling in love with me too. and time seemed infinite. it seemed nothing could go wrong. we had our differences. in fact. we didn't have very much in common at all. but i saw myself in you. you completed me. and it seemed for a moment i completed you too.
the summer flew by, as it often does...and weeks passed and i thought it was time for me to move on. i decided to pick myself up and move far away, and it broke your heart. you said it felt like i was leaving you behind. because. i was. you offered to get me there. and as our torrid love affair continued the trip couldnt have been anything less than dramatic. my car was finished. but we made it to the great salt lake. you worried, about me. you called me everyday. you told me you missed me. you said you were gonna treat me different. you said you loved me forever. you said i was your forever. forever. and then you drove all through one day and one night, to end my troubles. to set me free. a car. and we really were forever. time stood still. this was it.

now everyone tells me. it was all a lie....it cant be. cant be. you would never hurt me. you promised. you loved me? maybe you loved her too...

does she know that you are a liar? does she not care like i do? does she still love you too?

No comments:

Post a Comment