Saturday, November 27, 2010

Dani...rest peacefully my beautiful friend..

Today seemed so surreal. I could hear the words Janelle was saying to me through the phone, and it was like everything stopped moving.


When I moved to Salt Lake City last September, my heart was only half here. I remember starting my first day at the MAC counter, and just thinking to myself, what had I gotten myself into? As my first few days passed, everyone kept buzzing about this girl Dani. I was anxious to meet her, and when I did she was everything they said she was, and more. I saw this beautiful statue of a girl standing before me, with the sweetest eyes.

I knew from that moment on, that she was someone who I would hold near and dear to my heart forever.

I remember when I found out that she was only twenty, I was so taken a back by it. She was wise beyond her years, and had such compassion and conviction in the things she talked about. Even though I was Dani's manager she was someone I really looked up to, and looked to when it came to finding my creative spark on a lot of days when I was just wasn’t finding it. Dani was such a light in my life in this past year. She made me have a reason to come to work, and I looked forward to every day that I worked with her. It was seeing that wide grin looking at me, wrapping her arms around me when I needed them, that made me love coming to work. I remember scheduling her with me intentionally because she lifted me up so much.

Dani could command the presence in a room, there was something about her that made you want to stop, look, and listen. She was beautiful, inside and out.

I sit here now, and I can't wrap my heard around the idea of her being gone. I know she is doing her rendition of Bad Romance right now...I love you my sweet girl...rest peacefully, look after us, we need you now more than ever..
LOVE YOU SO MUCH..DANIELLE VACCA...GURRRRRRRRL

1 comment: