Monday, August 16, 2010

Anna Jewel

Today my Granny left us. She died peacefully in her sleep.
I remember Granny from a very young age, I loved her so much and would cry whenever we had to leave there house in Savannah. She would tell me stories, that she painted so beautifully with her words. She loved me unconditionally.
When Granny had her stroke when I was 13, my heart broke. I never thought I would lose her, I never thought she wouldn't be able to tell me a story. We moved away from South Carolina a few years later, and I became a teenager and forgot all about my Granny.
For years I have told myself, I have to get back to Savannah I need to be there with Granny and Papa before they die. I know that sounds really morbid to say, but it's true. Now I just feel so guilty. I haven't been there in almost 4 years.
A week ago I should have went to tell her Goodbye when she was still here...and I didn't.

My dearest Granny, I love you so much...I know you are up there looking over me, I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment