Thursday, July 18, 2013

Dream on Little Dreamer

There had been a point a few months ago, where I could not see my future in front of me. My dreams seemed so far out of my reach. It became apparent to me that I wasn't on the path of my dreams, and at that point I had to find a way to make a change. I continually make improvements on my life, if it's not going the way I want it to...I address the challenge and seize it. This challenge seemed different. I had been placed into a position and a place where I never felt like I fit. It wasn't that I was not capable of the task at hand, I just wasn't in LOVE with doing it.

After making this observation, I had to ask myself. What makes me come alive? What do I LOVE doing? I had always known, it was no question. I have pursuing the same dream for the last 9 years, and I had taken any possible career advancement that I thought would make me a better candidate for this position.

At first, I felt discouraged...I felt like I had possibly wasted a lot of time on the wrong path.

I had been listening to a lot of podcasts, from churches all over the US. And the same message from God kept coming to me. I had never before been able to truly release my heart and my bondage to Him.  He asked me to give all of my worries to Him, and for the first time ever...I did. I was restored with strength, with favor, with the power of His will. I put all my power in His word, and began to pray more than I ever had in my life. I asked Him to show me, I asked Him to give me grace in these tough times. I kept hearing the message that He had big plans for me, and I needed to trust Him.

So, I put all my trust in His plan for my life.

What I've realized in the last few months is this...all these mis-steps have prepared me to be the "best" candidate. God never makes mistakes in our life, He's always doing work in our lives. He restored my vision, and I finally saw myself as the person I had dreamt of. Through prayer I realized, that I had to believe that I could be who ever I wanted to become, because He put that dream and vision in my heart. I put my vision in front of me, and I'm pursuing it to the ends of the earth...

I had only dreamt that my dreams were with in my reach, and now they're right in front of me...

FOLLOW YOUR BLISS

No comments:

Post a Comment