Thursday, May 20, 2010

six degrees…six days…six letters

 

Today seemed to start off like any other. Get up, do my makeup, pick out something to wear, smile…AND GO.

On my way into work, it rushed over me. The date, the hour, the moment…became apparent to me. One last DATE. One last…hurdle.

Hopefully.

As I drifted off into nothingness. Starring deep into the divider lines in the road. I wandered through those memories. I remembered your face so clearly. I remembered the love that seemed timeless. The look in your eye, when you saw me. The smile across your face when I told you I made that cheesecake, and you knew I was lying…you let me go with it. We made each other so happy.

I snapped out of it, got so mad at myself that the tears in my eyes started pooling up. The knot in my throat started throbbing. My heart just keeps sinking. My knuckles turned white as I gripped harder and harder. I was seeing sixes…

I hate to admit it, but you really got a hold on me.

six degrees of separation.

six days in between us.

six letters. different ones. different meanings.

love is for cheaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment