Friday, June 11, 2010

let's stay together

I have been reading this book, called 30 days of letting go. It's just about putting yourself in someone else's shoes, and realizing that we are not really so different from one person to the next. I find at time that I am overly sensitive, and read a little too much into a situation. I worry a lot about what other people think about me, but don't ever really take the time to wonder what I think about myself.
I feel like I have been running, and my feet are so damn tired. I've been writing all this down here for everyone but myself.
In January when everything came screeching to a halt, I promised I would love myself more. I am not so sure that I am there yet. I respect myself a little bit more. I see the consequences of actions a little more clearly. I'm more aware of who I am. What makes my heart so heavy. I know that I have zero tolerance for anyone or anything that will put my heart there. In that regard, I find that I haven't really taken responsibility for the things I have done. A lot of what hurts me everyday, I really did do to myself.
I guess that's why I feel so tired. I will dodge the responsibility at any opportunity I can. Run, run...run.
Catch me if you can...

No comments:

Post a Comment