Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lincoln City

Most days I know, that I am slowly but surely, a little more put back together. I go about my days, with no conflict, no recollection of any memories. I stay busy, distracted.

I get home, and it consumes me. I sit here, and it over takes me. It’s painful right down to the nerve endings.

Today I shared the moment I knew I was in love with him. It’s a memory I think about when I am fully able. It makes my heart sing. It makes me realize this—that feeling is possible. I feel so fortunate to have loved someone, and to know that they loved me in return. I can’t imagine life on this earth with out knowing that feeling exists. That it can be unconditional. It happens with out warning…it happens because that person makes you feel more alive than you ever have in your life.

Does this realization mean that it is time for me to move on? That I am capable, and for the first time in 6 months, READY? I am not sure. I don’t feel that in my heart at all…I’m getting there…slowly but surely.

Time really does heal all wounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment